COORDINATE 023: IT WAS METAL






Dress: Metamorphose (Lurex Raschel Lace Shirring JSK in black)
Blouse: Ann Taylor
Corset belt: Handmade by me
Headdress: Antique Beast (Black Cat Headdress in black shantung)
Wrist cuffs: Restyle (Bat Cuffs in black)
Necklace: Black Peace Now (Skull Necklace in clear)
Bag: Offbrand, from the thrift store (it was a practical choice)
Socks: Metamorphose (Fluttering Ribbon Lace Up OTKs, 2014 in black/silver)
Shoes: Bodyline Tokyo (shoes258 Odyssey Platform Pumps in enamel black)


An outfit for a metal music festival! It was my husband’s band’s 10 year anniversary, their album release party, and the second year of the festival they run. Named after a song by the female-fronted band A Sound of Thunder, who played at the festival I wore this to. :) They made an animated music video for the song! Check it out here.

Some practical decisions with this coordinate since it was standing room only in a bar with no item check:
  • Smaller petticoat so I’m less likely to bump into things or people with my dress.
  • I chose a dress that I could clean easily if something got spilled on it. Never underestimate drunk people drinking things in close proximity to one another.
  • No fancy purse. This one is small (big enough for glasses, keys, wallet, ear plugs but not so big the venue has a problem with me bringing it in) and hangs on my shoulder securely so I can have my hands free.
  • Headdress that ties on. A headband would have flown off the second I wanted to bang my head. It slipped around a bit anyway but if I’d remembered to pin it to my head it would have solved the problem.
  • Tall shoes so I could see over some people’s heads!

Comments