COORDINATE 021: A GIRL OF THE SIBERIAN ALPS






Dress: Metamorphose (Nostalgic Matryoshka Doll Lace Up JSK with Apron in green)
Blouse: Bodyline (Sarah Rabbit Ears Blouse L009 in offwhite)
Head scarf: Metamorphose (Nostalgic Matryoshka Doll Babushka in green)
Wrist cuffs: Bodyline (Cluny Lace Wrist Cuffs with Strawberries and Blossom acc1030 in offwhite)
Bag: DreamV/Yumetenbo
Socks: Metamorphose (Tyrolean Ribbon OTKs in blue)
Shoes: Angelic Pretty (Academy Wooden Sole Shoes in red)


A coordinate I wore last summer to my community’s annual megameet and have been itching to wear again.


I bought the Nostalgic Matryoshka Doll dress, scarf, and socks as a set on a whim when I saw it go up for sale, and I’m finding I really dig the alpine folk clothing + Russian doll + retro mashup of the print. Especially the alpine folk bits. Maybe my genes are subconsciously drawing me to my ancestral culture. It’s even cuter in person than in photos. Bonus points for cats! My favorite details of this series are the design of the socks and the flower trim. There are tiny colorful flowers everywhere. This colorway is called “green” but it’s definitely more teal/blue in person.

This is my first dress with an apron. My initial impression was that it would make the outfit look a little too much like maid cosplay but I’m hooked now. :) Plus this one is relatively understated – it’s a waist apron and doesn’t have any giant ruffles or lots of decorations. Just the sweet flower braid trim.

Someday I want to do an outdoor photo shoot with it. Mountains would be ideal but there aren’t any nearby…so farm fields it is.

Comments