COORDINATE 020: CATS IN STARLIGHT



Dress: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Stardust Fantasia ~Horoscope of Twin Star Kittens~ JSK II in navy)
Blouse: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Detachable Sleeve Babydoll Blouse, 2009 in offwhite)
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Stardust Fantasia ~Horoscope of Twin Star Kittens~ Headbow in navy)
Hair clips: Handmade by me
Necklace: Kawaiicore (Melty Moon Necklace in gold)
Bag: Milky Way, via Taobao (Kidnapping Stars Bag in gold)
Wrist cuffs: Handmade by me
Rings: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Celestial Harmonia Twinkle Star Ring in navy) and Chocomint (Moon Star Ring in gold)
Socks: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Stardust Fantasia ~Horoscope of Twin Star Kittens~ OTKs in lavender)
Shoes: Bodyline (s507 in offwhite; these are a design replica of Baby the Stars Shine Bright's Antique Ribbon Shoes)


Combining my love of cats with my want for a Halloween print that isn’t too obviously Halloween themed. It was my first brand-new-on-reservation purchase! I decided to take someone’s extra reservation spot after checking out the print and deciding I really liked it. I am normally a bit wary of high waist cuts since they don’t always have enough room for my bust but I think this one is surprisingly flattering. I also like the skinny waist ties (much easier to tie them yourself and have them look good), the cute star shaped brooch, the pearl chain, and the lavender lace. I was not a huge fan of lavender on me before but this shade is very subtle and pretty. This dress went a long way toward changing my mind about lavender, and I now love it as an accent color.

My friend wore the other jumperskirt cut in pink, also with the matching headband and socks. We had worn them together previously but now that we both have some really good items for our coordinates we wore them together again to our community’s annual megameet. I don’t know if it’s twinning exactly – we have the same print but different cuts and colorways and our other items don’t match the other person’s (I also went with pink hair and a short sleeve blouse and the same style of shoes but that’s about it)…so I guess we’re print sisters instead. :) This term is inspired by a comment she made when I was lamenting the fact that my eyeliner wings didn’t look very symmetrical: “Your eyes are sisters, not twins.” Truth. I’m still kind of self conscious about makeup since I am very much still learning how to do it properly and this made me feel better. :)

Comments