COORDINATE 041: CAMELLIAS AND KITTENS








Dress: Metamorphose (Dozing Cat Hakama Tuck JSK in black)
Blouse: Infanta (Beales Chiffon Blouse in wine)
Headdress: Antique Beast (Black Cat Headdress in black shantung)
Brooches: Offbrand, via Ebay
Wrist cuffs: Bodyline Tokyo (acc1040 Mesh Lace Wrist Cuffs with Roses in black), roses removed and replaced with shoulder strap bows from the dress
Bag: Metamorphose (Crown Label Semicircular Quilted Ribbon Bag in black)
Socks: Metamorphose (Romantic Kimono OTKs in bordeaux)
Shoes: Bodyline Tokyo (shoes258 Odyssey Platform Pumps in enamel black)


The walolita outfit I wore for day 1 of AMKE. I remember getting asked if I was “a chocolate lolita” in this, lol. I chose this because I had owned this dress for a long time but had not worn it yet, and the promo photos I saw from the musical guest of honor (ACME) had the members dressed in traditional Japanese themed outfits. I also wore it to the butler cafe beforehand, which is where the worn photo is from.

As someone who strongly loves both cats and traditional Japanese motifs, this is another one of the few dresses I bought new on release in 2015. I woke up at 3:00 AM to do so, thinking it would be a bloodbath and it was (they sold out within 5 minutes), and to my pleasant surprise, I actually managed to get one. It took me a while to figure out how to coordinate it in a way I liked, and I think the key was to make everything else relatively simple because the dress has so much going on with its busy print, lots of different colors and motifs, and a detailed cut with lots of pieces.

Comments