COORDINATE 012: LACY LAYER CAKE




Dress: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Amaretto Ribbon JSK in black/offwhite)
Blouse: Bodyline (L075 Shirring Blouse in black)
Headdress: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Creamy Ribbon Headdress in black/offwhite)
Bag: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Ribbon Heart Bag in black/offwhite, not sure of year since they’ve released this tons of times)
Socks: Chocochip Cookie
Shoes: An*tai*na (999A in black)


I’ve been really into old school coordinates lately. I associate them with summer, possibly since my very first attempt at lolita was a black and white skirt and blouse combo and my friend and I went photographing each other around town at the end of the summer, right before we went our separate ways to different colleges. They’re also nice for hot summer weather since they require minimal fussing with hair and makeup to get the look right, and most items are made of cotton, which is nice and breathable. Sorry chiffon, you’re beautiful and can create a lot of neat textures and effects but in the end you’re just so much plastic, and plastic is sweaty.

The design of this dress feels a little too new for old school style because of all the details and the ribbon has a diamond pattern woven in, but the tiers and tons of torchon lace are really pretty, and the black fabric behind the lace really makes it pop. The bow sticks up pretty high from my head and with the rocking horse shoes I feel really tall, haha. I feel like a big, fancy, fluffy cake wearing this.

Comments