Podcasting with Dreamy Coordinate!

I was recently invited to be a guest on the Dreamy Coordinate podcast, hosted and produced by Liz (Instagram handle: @a.ntarc). Thank you for being so friendly and easy to talk with, and for your judicious editing job! This was the first time I have ever been on a podcast or interviewed. I was delighted that someone would want to talk to me about lolita fashion and had a great time. I'm looking forward to hearing more episodes!

What is Dreamy Coordinate? It is a podcast in which the host (Liz) and a guest discuss a lolita fashion coordinate created by the guest with real and/or imagined items, and dissect its elements and examine the guest's coordination methods, motivations, and reasoning for putting these items together. It has an informal, conversational style.

LISTEN TO DREAMY COORDINATE

MY DREAMY COORDINATE

Liz made some really good observations that I had not realized! As she so aptly put it, this coordinate has plenty of features inspired by people and things that are special to me. Sakizo, hearts, sparkly things, violets, Violet Evergarden, ALI PROJECT, the mixture of black/purple/gold, and lots of mixed textures. I have actually gone and bought most of the items I talked about because I felt like this coordinate was in reach after planning it all out, so you're likely to see some version of it in 2020. I didn't realize this had a medieval bent until she mentioned it. This makes some of my unused ideas make even more sense -- they were pointing me in that direction.

Here's a visual mockup to help you see what I saw in my head. Most of these items are real or are within my power to make into what I want. Even though I didn't know they existed at the time we recorded the podcast, Alice and the Pirates Cabriole Frill Shoes are what I had in mind! I had probably seen them somewhere and subconsciously remembered them. They do not come in gold, unfortunately, but I was thinking about taking their non-frilled Cabriole Leg Pumps in gold glitter and adding embellishments. I had also wanted to decorate the shoe with a purple velvet bow and sparkly jewel in the middle of that, and artificial violets running vertically down the back of the shoe.

Dress: Enchantlic Enchantilly (Crown of the Violet Princess Skirt in black) with imaginary additions
Blouse: Imaginary, though something close probably exists somewhere
Wig: Arda Wigs (Nina would probably be a good style to start with) + embellishments
Headdress: VooDoooDolly (Star Halo in gold) + embellishments
Jewelry: Puvithel (Crystal Heart Necklace in gold/champagne)
Fan: Offbrand, though I hear Ivyndell Designs makes good custom fans
Socks: Alice and the Pirates (A/P Lace Up Rose OTKs in black/gold). I know I said tights in the podcast but these have a design close to what I wanted.
Shoes: Alice and the Pirates (Cabriole Frill Shoes), in an imaginary color + embellishments

ADDITIONAL VARIATIONS

I had a lot of extra ideas while making this coordinate that didn't make it into my final outfit. One variant of it had more of a warrior-princess look. Purple velvet corset top (instead of short sleeves), a sheer cape dotted with violets, gold scale mail pauldrons and gold boots, and carrying a sword instead of a fan. I'd probably put the ostrich feathers on my head for a military helmet kind of look.

Another variant had more of a floaty look with a sheer cape on one shoulder (also possibly dotted with artificial violets) and ruffled bustle back on the dress, and a black corset belt with double gold decorative lacing panels. This one was inspired by Kalafina's Magia tour stage outfits, from when I saw them live in person in 2011. See them in action here (this is a video; the blue-purple satin bits I was so drawn to are hard to see in photos).

Comments

  1. I enjoyed listening to the podcast episode! It's interesting to hear people's thought processes as they put coords together. Thank you for the collage to help me visualize it. I really like the feather fan and the flowers in the braided buns. A warrior princess variation also sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment?