COORDINATE 029: GRAVEYARD PARADE

 


Dress: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Halloween Alice JSK, 2013 in black)
Blouse: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Babydoll Blouse, 2017 in pink)
Headdress: Antique Beast (Black Cat Headdress in black shantung)
Necklace: Angelic Pretty (Sweet Candy Necklace in black)
Ring: Automatic Honey (Mystic Coffin Ring in white)
Brooches: B-Side Label (Alice) and handmade by me (bat)
Bag: Milky Way, via Taobao (Kidnapping Stars Bag in gold)
Socks: Offbrand
Ankle cuffs: Restyle (Bat Cuffs in black)
Shoes: Bodyline (s535 in pink)


Hello Halloween prints! I was excited to finally get the Halloween Alice print in this cut early this year (it was high on my wish list) and now is the perfect time to bring it out. I am surprised that Alice in Wonderland characters marching through a graveyard is a Baby print and not an Alice and the Pirates print, but then again it also comes in a pink colorway so it kind of fits. This is about as creepy as Baby gets. There are a lot of neat details and interesting characters in it. My favorite design element is the “Trick or Treat?” part of the print placed in the middle of the bodice. The gold threads in the ribbons are a close second.

When it came I was surprised to see all of the little bits of pastel colors in it, and though my first instinct was to pair it with black, I thought pink would be more interesting and unusual. (If I had any sax or light blue items I think they’d look even better!) Ideally there would be some pink in the socks too but these looked the best out of what I had. There’s a lot of dull gold in the print and gold threads in some of the ribbon decorations on the bodice, so I brought that out in the gold bag. The white and gold coffin ring was an unusually good match – the crystals on it have a slight pink tone.

The Alice-in-a-bottle felt brooch was something I bought when just getting into lolita and I’ve held onto it for years hoping it would work with something. I have finally found that something. :) The bat brooch is hand sewn with glitter felt and is two layers with poly stuffing between them. I debated trimming it with shiny iridescent silver beads just inside the edge, but decided plain would be more versatile.

If I were to wear a wig with this, I have a shoulder length white one with curled ends that I’d probably try first.

Comments