MuFish haul review



image

Review of the MuFish products I bought! Overall, I am generally happy with the quality and how everything ended up. Details and thoughts on each item below.



image

Sleeping Beauty sheer patterned socks
They come in four colors: black, offwhite, wine, and pink. I got a pair in black and would have gotten then in white if they hadn’t been out of stock. The design has scalloped, lacey lattice and a rose on the top center back. I initially hesitated to buy them because they were described as not stretching very much. I decided to try them when I was already buying something else from MuFish through a shopping service because they were considerably less expensive that way. I think the “not very stretchy” remark applies mostly to the feet (or in a lengthwise direction, rather than circumference/width direction). They fit my quite wide 22.5 cm feet like a glove, so if you have longer feet (more than 23.5 cm or so) they might feel tight. I was worried about them not stretching to fit my calf because it is muscular (circumference is ~40 cm/15.5 in) but they turned out to be comfortable in that area, and could probably even stretch a little more without being too tight.

Overall: Probably not good for anyone with remotely long feet, but if your leg is a little more hefty they may still fit fine. I think the pattern also still looks nice even when stretched/warped a bit (like if your legs are not uniformly thick).


image

Sheer diamond pattern socks (link)
I got a pair in black. They are also made in white. The parts that are not colored are see-through/sheer. I thought they would fit a lot like the lattice patterned ones, but they are a little different. The foot portion is a little longer on these, but they are still better for small feet (<24 cm probably). The calves are definitely tighter on this pair than on the Sleeping Beauty socks. They are tight but not uncomfortably so at 40 cm (15.5 in); if your calves are bigger around than that I would
advise against buying these. Overall they are quite long (I measured them at 66 cm from the heel!), so I think these would work nicely for taller people. See comparison with a standard pair of Angelic Pretty socks in the far right photo. I personally don’t mind the pattern stretching and warping to fit around my legs (it’s a fact of life for me since my calves are muscular) but if you’re worried about that kind of thing, these may be best if you have legs that are uniformly thick.


image

Sheer cross print socks (link)
These come in one color: black. The fabric is thin and silky, like pantyhose (see center photo). The back of the socks (second photo from left) is solid black with a cross and “mf” printed on the back. They do not have a heel seam on them so they could fit a larger variety of foot sizes, but keep in mind the longer your foot is, the shorter they will be on the rest of your leg. The front is printed with crosses, stars, and jewelry-like motifs. I wish the print were a little darker/more opaque to match how dark the back is. They are the shortest of the three pairs of socks I ordered and would probably not be over-knee socks on anyone much taller than about 5′3″ (the model in the leftmost photo is apparently 168 cm tall / 5′6″ but it looks like they have skinny legs and small feet, which might allow for more vertical stretch). I am 5′1″ with tiny feet and you can see them reach just over my knees in the two right photos (my kneecap is in between the two highest center motifs). I think they’d be really nice for days when you want to wear long socks but it’s hot outside.


image

Angel Heart bag (link)
I got this in orange pink x offwhite. There are four additional colorways: brown x offwhite, mint green x offwhite, sax x offwhite, and black x red. There are a lot of detachable pieces: 2 bows (the white one in the middle of the bag in the picture is sewn on and does not detach), star studded angel wings, a scalloped heart, pearl beaded handle, and an adjustable backpack/cross body strap. Both the pink and offwhite PU have a linen-like texture. The bows and heart and wings snap on and off. The pink color is indeed a peachy, warm pink and has a slight pearly sheen. It does not match the Angelic
Pretty Dreaming Girl JSK I hoped to wear it with but that is the sweet lolita’s eternal struggle, isn’t it (“my pinks don’t match!”). It DOES, however, match my navy Metamorphose Wonder Carousel Angel Collar OP :) The offwhite color is a little bit muted/gray and does not have the pearl sheen that the pink material does. The hardware and studs on this colorway are gold tone. The ruffle around the outside edge is cute and I think that sets it apart from a lot of heart shaped bags out there. The hardware to attach the different handles/straps is very nice: hefty and secure while also being smooth and shaped such that it is not likely to catch on your clothing. The long strap is adjustable and can be put on to use as either a cross-body strap or made into backpack straps, and even has a snap on one end to decorate with one of the bows. The area to attach the backpack strap has double rings to keep the two loops the same size, which is quite thoughtful. I have another convertible bag which only has one loop for the backpack strap, and I much prefer having two loops because the strap doesn’t move = stays the same size, easier to keep on your back while you move.I don’t know that I will use the pearl handle. It certainly looks pretty, but it’s uncomfortable to hold or have resting against your skin because of the beads, and the bag is on the heavy side even when it’s not full of belongings, so it
really presses in. I also feel like the pearl coating would come off the beads easily if you did use/hold it a lot. It would be pretty for photo shoots, though. I love that it has 3 inside pockets (I like to have one that my phone fits into so I can avoid scratching the screen). The zippered one on the outside is nice but not that big, maybe 5 by 3 inches.

Comments