COORDINATE 008: CAT'S TEA PARTY OF MYSTERY AND MISCHIEF




Dress: Alice and the Pirates (Kitten’s Wonder Night Tea Party JSK II in navy)
Blouse: Bodyline (Shirring Blouse L075 in black)
Necklace: Metamorphose (Crown Cameo Necklace from 2014 new year lucky pack)
Headdress: Bodyline (Lace Up Headdress g1113)
Bag: Metamorphose (Crown Label Semicircular Quilted Ribbon Bag in black)
Socks: Offbrand (turns out they’re probably an Innocent World replica…)
Shoes: An*tai*na


Worn October 2017. I wore this to a bakery to meet a friend for tea and a snack…and then kept it on for a metal music show. It was comfy all day.

I am a huge fan of cats and wanted this print badly enough that I was willing to deal with the fact that it would probably hit below the knee on me, which tends to make me look even shorter than I already am. I was pleasantly surprised when I received the dress. It reminds me a lot of the famous Angelic Pretty print Cat’s Tea Party but in colors I like better and a size that fits. Added bonus: it doesn’t cost a stupidly large amount of money. I also love that these cats are more unsavory characters than what you’d expect at a fancy tea party, wearing eye patches and pirate hats. Almost like the Cheshire Cat invited all of his friends to have his own tea party.

The rabbits and trumps add a dash of Alice in Wonderland. The background of the border print (where the cats are) is black but the rest of the background is a very dark gray. There is no lace on it, and I think this makes it easier to coordinate because then you don’t have to try to match the type of lace. The decoration comes instead from navy and dark gray striped ruffles and a striped scallop decoration on the bodice. The one I bought came with a matching headbow, but given the other items in the coordinate I had already picked out (a more traditional looking blouse and rocking horse shoes), the headdress looked a lot better to me and gives the whole thing some old school flavor. I originally tried black and blue diamond socks with this, but the blues clashed and didn’t look right so I decided to try to bring out the jewelry/pearl strands in the print instead. The necklace brings out some of the light colors and echoes the light colored diamonds in the print, which kind of look like they have frames around them.

Unfortunately I didn’t get any really good pictures of all of this on me but I will probably wear it again (maybe with brown, which my friend mentioned and I had not thought about it but I love the idea). Every time I study the print I find another thing to like about it!

Comments