Azuki's Wardrobe 2022: a love letter to Metamorphose

~this is a Metamorphose appreciation/fangirl post~

Greetings! For this year's wardrobe post I am featuring my Metamorphose items specifically. Why?

  1. Metamorphose is my favorite brand and ~40% of my main pieces are from them;
  2. I have not seen a specific brand wardrobe post for Metamorphose before; and
  3. I've photographed my entire wardrobe a few years in a row now and wanted to try something different. My full wardrobe (70+ main pieces) feels huge to me and photographing every single piece is a daunting task, though admittedly it is satisfying to look at when the photos are all finished and neatly arranged.

Metamorphose has long had a stereotype of being wild, weird, and wacky. I don't think that's necessarily true anymore but y'all can feel free to keep that stereotype going if it means I almost never have to fight anyone to get what I want or deal with scalpers. I personally enjoy the variety because it shows a willingness to try new things sometimes and also appeal to the many different facets of someone's personality. They're also really leaning into the plus size offerings these days, which is a progressive attitude to have (and good for me personally, maybe bad for my wallet though because I am often tempted to buy them new to make sure I don't miss out). Just sometimes having a choice of dress cuts for a particular print series feels like a huge luxury as a plus sized person.

MAIN PIECES (OPs, JSKs, Skirts)

Sorted by their year of release, oldest to newest. While I don't have many rare or old pieces because so few of them fit me, I do have a good smattering from across most of the company's existence, and it's fun to see the variety in materials, designs, and printing styles over the years. Click here for extra detail shots and comments on each one.

BLOUSES

Up until they started making plus size blouses, very few Metamorphose blouses would fit me (pretty much only full shirring ones with more open necklines) so I don't have very many. Now that they regularly make plus size blouses, I'm likely to get more. I tried a plus size blouse for the first time in 2021 and am really happy with how it fits!

OUTERWEAR

I currently only have capes from Metamorphose because their other outerwear is generally too small for me. However, they started offering some plus size cloaks in 2021, and if they ever do make full coats that would fit I would definitely consider buying one.

HAIR ACCESSORIES

JEWELRY AND ACCESSORIES

The sterling silver rings, heart apron, and poison strawberry necklace are some of my favorite things in my entire collection.

BAGS

SOCKS

The photos may look unusual but I tried to capture both a side view and front view at the same time (or a back view if it's more visually interesting than the front). Meta's tights don't fit me and I don't really like the thinner printed stocking type because they usually don't stay up nicely on me, but I love their cotton blend and nylon blend socks.

SHOES

ON THE WAY

Perhaps unsurprisingly, everything that's currently on the way to me is from Metamorphose. I have rarely been so excited for a new release as for the Gardening Teddy rerelease, and it's supposed to arrive in stock any day now so I'm eagerly anticipating the shipping notification.

Comments

  1. We have such similar taste in Meta items, it makes me smile. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Meta wardrobe is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brands should start taking their stocks photos for socks the way you displayed them -- it's so great to be able to see two different angles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment?