COORDINATE 097: SUMMER GREETINGS






Dress: Metamorphose (The Beauties of Nature Pleated JSK with Vine Print Ribbon, 2018 release in black)
Wig: Gothic Lolita Wigs (Peekaboo Wig in burgundy brown)
Headband: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Feather Lace Head Bow in black)
Flower clips: Offbrand

Blouse: H&M
Necklace:
Of a Long Lost Land
(Monochrome Rose Necklace in pink/white)
Bag: Eternity (Sakura Bag, small size in pearl white)
Wrist cuffs: Bodyline Tokyo (acc1040 Mesh Lace Wrist Cuffs with Roses in black)
Rings:
TxarraOtsoaOriginals (black/gold), handmade by me (black/pink)
Socks:
Metamorphose (Fluttering Ribbon Lace Up OTKs, 2014 in black/silver)
Shoes: Bodyline Tokyo (s535 Narrow Strap Ribbon Shoes in enamel black)


I love Metamorphose's sample coordinate photo for this dress and wanted to wear something similar but adapt it for warmer weather. Walolita seems to be a relatively polarizing substyle in Western lolita communities. I happen to love it because of the unique traditional patterns (I just absolutely love them) and interesting color combinations. The Beauties of Nature print is a little more toned down than many of Meta's other Japanese style prints and I think that makes it easier to coordinate. The black colorway in particular looks really polished and elegant. I love the use of lace on this dress. The pleated sides are really fluttery (in a good way).

I have had this dress for over a year but was waiting for my crabapple tree to explode into pink blossoms to do a shoot with it. Last spring the tree was BEAUTIFUL but I was too injured to get dressed up. This year I'm ready to go but the tree has very few blossoms this time. Maybe someday we'll both be ready at the same time. The fresh greens and evening light are a nice alternative for now.

I made a video of this coordinate too -- click here to watch! Check out how fluttery it is in the breeze! A beautiful feature I wouldn't have noticed without being able to see it from farther away.

Comments