COORDINATE 095: FOR THE SCILLA









Dress: Baby the Stars Shine Bright (Shirring Princess OP, unknown year in black/black)
Headband:
Metamorphose (Organdy Rose Veil Headband in black, with roses removed)
Blouse:
Chocochip Cookie (Double Collar Long Sleeve Shirring Blouse in black)
Necklace:
Handmade by me
Ring: Néant Glass (Coffin Ring in blue)
Bag:
La Luice (Lace Rabbit Pochette in black)
Socks: Chocochip Cookie
Shoes: An*tai*na (999A in black)


I dressed up to take some photos with the carpet of pretty blue flowers (Scilla siberica) currently blooming in my yard. All black with a few tiny bits of blue to match the flowers. I really enjoyed wearing this. Every time I wear all black, I wonder why I don't do it more often.

I'm thoroughly puzzled by the release date of my dress. It's a standard design that Baby has released lots of times, but I have yet to find the release where they used satin shoulder strap bows -- they're usually petersham or cotton sateen. It was made in China and has less lace than other releases (it's got a fabric ruffle on the bottom instead) so I think it's from within the last 10 years, but from no later than January 2016. I've found pink and brown colorways with satin bows and fabric ruffle hems, but they all have slightly different lace. The weirdest thing, though, is that the shoulder straps have lace on the outside edge and a wider fabric ruffle without trim on the inside edges.

Comments