COORDINATE 074: I AM THE BEANS




Dress: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Shirring JSK, 2009 1st release in red)
Headdress: Baby the Stars Shine Bright (Princess Drop Headdress in red, unsure of year since I can't find a release with silver charms like I have)
Blouse: Infanta (Beales Chiffon Blouse in wine)
Bag: Forest Wardrobe (Taiyaki Bag in brown)
Bracelet: Chocomint (Glitter Bow Bangle Bracelet in red)
Socks: Alice and the Pirates (A&P Lace Knee Socks in red)
Shoes: Offbrand, via Ebay


Red is one of my favorite colors to wear, and I'd been wanting to have an all red outfit for quite some time since starting lolita (~6 years ago). So why did I pick a brown bag? Because it is taiyaki shaped, and taiyaki are often filled with sweetened red beans, which happen to be part of my online namesake (azuki) because I like them so much. I am the beans!

However, I learned the hard way that taiyaki shaped treats are not always filled with beans. I bought some frozen taiyaki shaped treats one time and put them in the toaster, and after about 10 minutes they were looking pretty soggy and leaking white. As it turns out, they were not ordinary taiyaki but taiyaki shaped ice cream sandwiches. oops.

I've noticed that digital cameras have a hard time accurately capturing reds, especially when there are few or no other colors around it. My phone wanted to make the flatlay photos really yellow (the sheet behind 99% of my flatlays is a light beige) and the details on the red parts disappear. I read about it and found some fancy editing techniques to make the color look more accurate to real life and bring the details back. It was a revelation.

Comments