COORDINATE 058: PINK AND VICTORIAN







Dress: Metamorphose (Bustle Shirring OP in pink)
Headdress: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright (Sheryl Lacy Headdress in offwhite)
Cuffs: Handmade by me
Ring: Metamorphose (Poodle Ring in sterling silver)
Bag: La Luice (Rabbit Pochette in offwhite)
Socks: Bodyline Tokyo
Shoes: Bodyline Tokyo (s524 in offwhite enamel)


I attended an old school meet yesterday! It was a small and cozy tea party (6 people) in a big pink Victorian house. Everyone made such good food and the small size made for nice socializing. It was a lovely start to my birthday. I learned that the Chicago lolita community has been around since at least 2003! Holy crap. One of the hosts put out her collection of Gothic and Lolita Bibles and other old lolita and J-fashion books and magazines, and we had fun paging through them and chatting.

This dress reminds me of one of the photos Meta used to have on the front page of their website in 2001.
source: Wayback Machine

My particular dress is from 2006 but they made lots of earlier items from this same warm toned pink polka dot fabric. I love all the lace on it. The back has a white bustle trimmed with even more lace! It even has detachable long sleeves, though admittedly it's a chore to get them to stay on. The rabbit bag can barely fit anything in it, but it's so cute I'm considering getting it in black too.

Comments