COORDINATE 002: HEROINE OF HYRULE


Dress: Sweet Addiction (a Mexican indie brand)
Cutsew: Gap (not pictured, but is solid black with a low boat neck and small puff sleeves)
Bolero: Sweater Project
Barrette: Handmade/Disney
Bag: DreamV/Yumetenbo
Bracelet: Unknown (thrifted)
Socks: Metamorphose (Angelic Heaven OTKs in black)
Shoes: Bodyline (s526 in gold)


Sweet Addiction has either not released this series yet or might have abandoned it. I believe I bought a prototype/sample since the others I’ve seen are different cuts. The fabric is commercially available (or was), and I was drawn to the fact that it was both stained glass and Legend of Zelda themed. I cut off a few loose threads and I kind of wish it had some black lace on the bottom hem, but overall the dress is constructed well, the design is solid, and I am happy with my purchase. I made the bow barrette a couple of years ago and have found it to be incredibly versatile because it’s so simple – I’ve even worn it to job interviews. I found the gold heart pin on the barrette from a secondhand shop in town. It is a promotional item for the movie Shrek and has Shrek, Fiona, and Donkey sitting on the ground looking at the night sky. I am not really a Disney fan at all but I liked Shrek when I watched it. I don’t think the bracelet works so well with this outfit but I wanted more gold in the outfit and something to wear on my forearms/hands and this was the best choice out of what I had. I chose the bag because it reminds me of Link’s life meter in the Zelda games (red hearts) but I think a different color might work better or I could add more red accessories (like a red beret or something) to round it out. I was originally going to wear solid black socks but the black/gold ones helped balance out the gold shoes, which I really wanted to wear. I wore this to a local music event.

Comments