COORDINATE 001: FROM THE NIGHT SKY



Dress: Atelier Pierrot (Rose Lace Bustle Corset OP in blue)
Blouse: H&M
Bag: Loris
Socks: Qian Shou Ren via Taobao
Headwear: Modified from a Metamorphose headband
Jewelry: H&M, Ragstock
Shoes: An*tai*na
Gloves: Unknown (bought on Amazon)


I was going for a night sky theme since I wore it to an evening awards show. The dress is lovely but it slipped around quite a bit and looked messy in the back. I think it’s because the corset lacing was not fully laced – the shirring stretched almost all the way across my back and I didn’t have enough ribbon to thread every single grommet so I did every other one (4/7). It will help to get a ribbon about twice as long as the one that comes with the dress and lace every one. I don’t know that any amount of lacing over the shirring stretched that far will completely solve the problem, though. The boning is comfortable and very flexible! I was worried that I might permanently bend it from sitting in the dress since I have owned other corset-like things that did that, but it appears to be just fine. I thrifted the blouse! It’s a great find because I didn’t have to do anything to it and could wear it as-is. It’s sheer and has nice details, like the inset of polka dot lace. The bag is big enough to hold my long wallet (yay!). For the headband, I took a Metamorphose headbow that didn’t look so great on me and refashioned it into what it is now with some more fabric and beads. The socks are from Ebay and I know the blues don’t match terribly well but it’s less obvious when they’re being worn, especially with some black to break it up. I love my rocking horse shoes and plan to get more. I tried Bodyline’s rocking horse shoes but theirs are too narrow. It may not be obvious from the picture, but the tiny spots by the gloves are rose earrings! I added the gloves since I was going to a fancy awards show. And because I was trying to metal it up a bit, the big sparkly skull ring.

Comments