COORDINATE 009: ROSE STRIPE DOLL


Dress: Bodyline (g160, Floral Cameo Wallpaper Print Shirring JSK in sax)
Bonnet: Bodyline (g288, Floral Cameo Wallpaper Print Bonnet in sax)
Rose clips: Handmade (I made them for this coordinate and then forgot to wear them…)
Wig: Bodyline (w089 in light brown, worn without the twin tails)
Blouse: Bodyline (L009, Sarah Rabbit Ears Blouse in offwhite)
Bag: Metamorphose (Swan Embroidery Round Bag in pink)
Parasol: Offbrand (bought from Lolita Collective)
Gloves: Offbrand (bought from Amazon)
Wrist cuffs: Handmade by me
Socks: Metamorphose (Heart Ladder Lace OTKs in offwhite/pink/gold)
Shoes: Bodyline (s535 in pink)


Worn for an Easter brunch with the local community in April 2017, and also for a photo shoot in March 2018. The most classic coordinate I’ve put together so far, and the first time I’ve worn a bonnet (and now I’m hooked, haha). I was initially kind of weird about bonnets but I have decided I like them as long as the overall look is not too sweet or juvenile (there’s a fine line between “elegant princess” and “giant baby”).

I am not generally a sax/light blue person but the sax in this print is muted which tends to look better on me (matches the gray tint of my blue eyes) and there are enough other colors in the print that it’s not overwhelming. The dress and bonnet are older pieces released about 10 years ago. I like the construction and design enough that I don’t mind that it isn’t lined. I especially like how big and fluffy the tiered skirt is. Angelic PrettyMetamorphose, and Maxicimam have all sold items made of this same fabric, though unfortunately the cut of this particular dress is more or less an Innocent World design replica; only the straps are different. Though the bust area is not particularly well fitted, it is comfortable. (I have also tried on the Innocent World version of this dress and it fit about the same.) I removed the shoulder strap bows because they looked lumpy under blouse collars and they’re awkwardly large for where they were placed.

Next time I will remember to wear the roses on the bonnet! I drove 90 minutes dressed up in all of this (pumped gas too, lol) and really wanted to be on time for the event, so they were not the first thing on my mind. While I am still pretty new to wigs and could use a lot of practice with styling them and putting them on, I -really- enjoy having big hair, especially when I don’t have to curl it myself. All my curls and ruffles and floof and bonnet made me feel like an Imai Kira illustration.

I love pictures of people laughing and I’m really happy that I have a cute one of me now. Thank you, Rachel.

I was also lucky enough to get a photo shoot done in this outfit (I’m even on the back of the photographer’s business card, hehe). I do not have the photos back from it yet, but will be sure to share them when I do!

Comments