COORDINATE 006: I AM A LITTLE RABBIT COOKIE




Dress: Angelic Pretty (Going Out for a Sunny Day JSK in brown)
Blouse: Bodyline (L009 Sarah Rabbit Ears Blouse in offwhite) not pictured because I forgot it, gyaaa
Beret: Vision World via Taobao
Hair bows: Handmade (by me)
Necklace: Axes Femme (Gingerbread House Necklace in pink)
Socks: Metamorphose (Dot and Stripe Scallop OTKs in brown x offwhite)
Wrist cuffs: Handmade (by me)
Bag: Taobao
Shoes: Metamorphose (Double Ribbon Shoes in brown)


It’s easy to be attracted to prints because of the obvious visual themes, but how does a solid colored piece catch your eye? My favorite things about this one are the cute shoulder frills, the heart eyelet lace, the pintucks, and the double ruffle on the bottom. Bonus points for a non-stretchy front lacing panel, too – I’ve found that if you have any breasts at all and the panel stretches, it will stretch different amounts in different places, which ruins the nice and tidy look you get from a straight panel. Solid colored pieces may seem boring at first glance, but they’re more versatile because so many themed accessories can match! Many biscuit themed pieces that I like are too small for me, so this was a way to still be able to wear a cute biscuit/cookie themed outfit. I wore this to Anime Central. I was traveling with people who had never seen me wear lolita before, and one of them got excited every time she noticed another small detail she thought was cute. I mostly wore the rabbit ear blouse because it’s currently the only offwhite blouse I have that’s appropriately sweet/lolita worthy, but I’m finding that the ears are subtle enough so as not to make the coordinate look weird if it’s not rabbit themed (especially if you wear long hair, wink).

I wanted to work in some tricolor since I think it looks cute and iconic with biscuits and I have tricolor ribbon, so I made tiny tricolor ribbon bows to decorate the ends of my braids. I don’t think berets look that great on me but I had a fun time wearing this one, especially during the Imeruat concert, where the bass in the speakers was so loud the hat vibrated. (I’m glad I remembered to bring ear plugs.) It even managed to stay on without pins. Another plus of solid dresses: necklaces have more of a chance to shine! I feel like with busy prints and lots of other accessories, they can get lost. I got this gingerbread house necklace a few months ago and was happy to finally fit it into something.

Comments