Survey time!

I did this because friends have been passing it around :)

1. Do you still have your first Lolita piece?

Yes! Almost all purchases from my first year have come and gone, but for some reason I still have the textbook-ita skirt I made myself in 2003 (it was black with shitty white lace everywhere) and then redecorated in 2007 (all black lace and more/different decorations). I currently wear it casually because it doesn’t fit a petticoat underneath and it’s a bit too short for lolita, but it has sentimental value and I still find it cute. I also have a navy/green tartan plaid gothic skirt from VISIBLE that I bought in 2010 before I seriously dove in (2013).

2. What is the oldest piece in your wardrobe?

I bought a VISIBLE skirt from Closet Child in 2010 and have had that the longest. The oldest in terms of age is a black grandma couch floral JSK from Baby that was released in 2003.

3. What is the newest piece in your wardrobe?

For most newly acquired, I just got a giant silver crown necklace from Metamorphose in the mail. It’s so big and sparkly *_* Angelic Pretty Romantic Little Garden JSK/headbow is the most newly released. I have a soft spot for cool-tone lavender floral prints and hoping this is the one that will work for me :)

4. What is your cheapest main piece?

Metamorphose Lurex Raschel Lace Shirring JSK

5. What is your most expensive main piece?

Metamorphose Dozing Cat Tucked Hakama JSK in black (bought new on release). I have
not worn it yet but the kimono print/cut and cats got me, and I knew if I didn’t buy it on release I’d be paying way more for it later. I paid a comparable amount for Metamorphose Little Squirrel Button Down JSK (secondhand though…but I really wanted it). I have paid more for a couple of other things but I have sold them. I tend to seriously question whether I want something once the price hits more than $300 and the answer is almost always no.

6. What is your favorite item?

Enchantlic Enchantilly Trois Ribbon JSK. I have the black colorway and it’s super versatile, has lots of pretty details and is incredibly well made (and it doesn’t hurt that I got it for a great price). I also LOVE the Angelic Pretty Miracle Candy print and the Triple Frill JSK is wonderfully designed and cute (I have a red one and used to have a black one), though I’m still trying to find the right blouse/cutsew to wear with it.

7. Which item do you wear most?

Probably the Baby hard plastic bow barrettes I have. They’re easy to work into everyday wear. In terms of a clothing piece, I have worn my Metamorphose Sweets Parade skirt the most (3-4 times).

8. Which item do you wear least?

BIG tie for lots of things since I haven’t actually coorded a lot of my wardrobe (though I have tried on everything at least once).

9. Anything you haven’t worn yet?

Lots (though I have tried everything on). I am bad about actually making outfits and need more blouses.

10. What is missing from your wardrobe?

Blouses. The ones I have are of limited use. I keep buying more main pieces with my money instead. I also want a few more pairs of rocking horse shoes since they’re really comfortable to walk in all day (especially compared to heels). Also Metamorphose Candy Bottle Shirring JSK. It’s not a popular print at all but I love it, and I am waiting for it to go on sale. Hopefully they include it in their winter sale :)

11. When will your wardrobe be complete?

Never? haha. When I stop finding prints I want that fit me. When they stop making clouds of lace I want to dive into. So never.

12. What was the last Lolita item that you sold or threw away?

Innocent World Elda JSK. It’s beautiful but did not look good on me. I sell things pretty frequently since I like to buy things to try them.

13. How many OPs do you have?

1. They tend not to fit me well so I need to have them custom made. The one I do have is custom made from HMHM – sadly it looks a little too much like anime cosplay, but it fits great and I love it.

14. How many JSKs do you have?

34. D: (Though I am currently trying to sell 2 of them.) They tend to fit the best.

15. How many skirts do you have?

4. I don’t really like how they look on me because they do not really flatter my body type -- I think they look best on a well defined waist and that's not something I have.

16. How many petticoats do you have?

4! One big offwhite one from Malco Modes, a bigger black one from The Black Ribbon, and two smaller ones (1 white, 1 black) for when I wear skirts more casually or I want some poof but not so much I’d have to be careful not to knock things over with my dress. I wish I had one that was a little more bell shaped but I’m having trouble finding one that’s the right size/amount of poof.

17. What do you plan to buy next?

Custom made blouses with a high neck and princess sleeves. I just need to find ones that I like.

18. When you first started wearing Lolita what did you want your wardrobe to be like?

Sweet and colorful, and cute, to a point. Candy and sweets prints all day errday. (Nothing overly juvenile – not because I think I’m too old, but because I’ve never been much for bears or toy prints or cutesy animals or cartoony prints.)

19. What is your wardrobe currently like?

I have one foot firmly in sweet and the other firmly in classic. Sweet/classic with little bits of everything. Cute but with plenty of more mature elements. Not much pastel (besides pink), a lot of jewel tones, black, brown. I play with some gothic elements but I definitely
veer toward cute.

20. What would you like your wardrobe to be like in the future?

Smaller and a little more focused, high quality things. I do my best to sell things I don’t REALLY like the fit of/don’t wear to keep the size down but most of the time the only way to know whether something fits you well is to buy it and try it on.

Comments