COORDINATE 003: ONLY BAD WITCHES ARE UGLY




Dress: Enchantlic Enchantilly (Trois Ribbon Tiered JSK in black)
Blouse: Bodyline (L075 Shirring Blouse in black)
Headband/hat: Handmade
Ring: Chocomint
Socks: Qian Shou Ren via Taobao
Shoes: Bodyline (s535 in enamel black)


All of my Halloween events this year were in places I was not particularly keen to wear expensive fancy clothes (bars at nighttime), so I wore this to work instead. This Chantilly dress is becoming one of my favorite dresses. It may be a solid color but it is incredibly well made, has a lot of pretty details (frills on frills, two shirring panels with lacing, hard tulle for extra fluff on the bottom) and I got it for a great price secondhand. The solid color makes it versatile – I’ve used it for cosplay too. I made the hat using a video tutorial by the owner of a Canadian jfashion brand whose work I admire so I knew I’d be happy with the end product. It’s made of black felt, Chantilly lace, heavy craft interfacing, thrifted trims and flowers, and some fabric backed metallic stars from ebay. I also made the two ribbon brooches and clipped them to the dress to make the outfit more cohesive. I think the stars give it a splash of magical girl cuteness, which I had not initially planned but ended up liking a lot about this coordinate. I bought a bat shaped bag to go with this but did not receive it in time. A gold star or moon bag might have also been cute (I have a star shaped bag, but it is silver).

Comments